How Much Does it Cost to Have Someone Install a Water Heater?
Water heaters are a vital part of the home and make it possible to have hot water for laundry, showers, and household chores. If you’ve noticed that your showers are becoming shorter due to a lack of hot water, there’s a good chance that your water heater is leaking or failing.
Since standard tank water heaters have an average lifespan of just eight to twelve years, water heater replacement is a common home improvement investment. Unfortunately, it also comes as an unexpected expense for many.
When your water heater has stopped doing its job, you and your family need a solution immediately. We provide water heater replacements 7 days a week (in most locations) and, unlike other providers, don’t charge extra for weekend service.
Basic Water Heater Installation
Our basic install package ranges between $900-$1,600. This includes the draining, replacement, and haul away of your old tank, materials such as flex hoses, gas fittings, and more.
We offer a range of installation warranties from 6-, 10-, and 15-year. Costs can be lower or slightly higher, depending on a variety of factors that can impact your installation.
Factors That Impact the Cost to Install a Water Heater
When you purchase a new water heater, you should also ask about installation costs and procedures. These will vary depending on a variety of factors.
One thing that is universal is that water heater installation should be done by professionals. These are major appliances that, when installed wrong, can result in catastrophic damage to a home or its occupants.
When you deal with a professional, you have the assurance of a license, qualified individual that is going to install your water heater correctly. Some of the major factors that will impact the cost of your water heater installation include:
- Size of the water heater. In general, a larger water heater will cost more to install than a smaller one. This is particularly the case if you are sizing up from your old model.
- Type of water heater. There are safety and installation issues with both gas and electric water heaters. A tankless water heater takes significantly more time and effort to install than a traditional water heater.
- Permitting costs. 90% of the jurisdictions that we serve require a permit when replacing a water heater. This protects you as the homeowner against property damage and potential safety hazards. Although this might seem unnecessary on the surface, your homeowner’s insurance policy could deny any claims if there is damage and the hot water heater was installed without a permit.
- Site preparation. Some hot water heater installs require structural and mechanical work to prepare the site for the unit. A site that is 100% prepared for install, with a 6-year warranty, could cost as low as $700 for installation. But homes that require major site preparation can have installation costs that range from $1,400-$2,000. Some of those site preparation issues include:
- Pans & drains – A water pan is easy to install, but to have any value it must be piped to a drain or your home’s exterior.
- P&T to exterior – In California, the pressure and temperature relief valve must be piped out of your home.
- Venting – A safe water heater installation ensures CO emissions are properly vented away from living spaces. Including materials, vent work can add significantly to the total cost.
- Warranty selection. When you have a new water heater installed by us, you can choose the warranty term that best suits your needs and budget.
Is It Time for a New Water Heater?
If your home’s water heater is causing you problems, it may be at the end of its useful life. When it’s time to think about a replacement, it’s best to call a professional.
Fast Water Heater Company provides water heater replacements 7 days a week (in most locations), and we’ll never charge you for weekend service.
We will provide you will a ballpark price estimate before beginning any work, and your technician will give you a thorough accounting of all costs for the final job.
We have proudly served customers throughout the West Coast region for over 30 years, from Orange County to Northwest Washington. Contact us before noon for same day service in most locations.